Thursday, 26 March 2015

IT STILL HAUNTS ME....



2006 was the most unforgettable year for me. Not only having sweet memories with my peers but also facing the fear for months if being left alone. Traumatized with the queer moment, I started being pious and having my goddess picture to any places I go to this day. This is to curb my feelings of fear towards supernatural things that which might exist after experiencing a horrible one. It was tormenting experience as I could relate my life to all sorts of negative vibes around me at that moment. I am surely not a person who likes to whinge about this matter to anyone even to my parents as I know we are brought up in an environment where supernatural or entities do not exist. (sigh).I know if I tell them, they will mock me and things would get worst. It stirred a pandemonium in my life for quite some time, To think about the incident, it  still gives me goosebumps whenever I recall it

I pursued my diploma in one of the teacher's training college after completing my degree in UKM. The first day I stepped my feet to Institut Perguruan Raja Melewar, I had a bad feeling about the place where I am going to spent my one year training there. I was very upset and wasn't feeling any excitement as I did not like the place at all. I brushed off my feelings and encouraged myself that this will only be a year and time will fly fast. Later, we were brought to our hostel and to my surprise it turned out to be extremely spooky that I imagined even from the outside of the building itself. The building was so old and worn out paint here and there.It was an ugly sight.  Even though it's clean, but I just felt I'm out of the place. After unpacking my things and saying goodbye to my family with a heavy heart,I took a closer look at my room. The room had two beds and two wooden tables which looked very much like an environment during the 60's( sigh). I am a person who loves to sit beside the windows as I love watching scenery and greenery. I was  so excited to see the windows. As I was opening them, I was startled to see that I was actually not looking at any beautiful sight but only tombs.. I just realized it was a cemetery. My body trembled to see that old tombs on the land and I remembered running to see the warden to beg on changing to other rooms. Unfortunately, the warden kindly told me that the rooms were fully occupied and I had to wait for 6 months if I need to move to other rooms. I gave up and try to adapt the situation.

Few months went along, nothing much happened and I was glad that nothing occured. I had a roommate who was my classmate as well. Throughout the 4 months , I dare not to open the windows at all.Basically, I was living in darkness and lack of fresh air.But  it did not bother me  and My room mate at all as I feel secured if the windows were closed most of the time. My roommate was sailing the same boat like me. She was as coward as I am so she agreed on the idea of closing the windows all the time even though our room was feeling stuffy at times.

Until one day, the most terrifying and intricated moment took place in May, 2006. It was our sports day and we were really feeling exhausted as we participated in the marathon. I staggered at the field itself because of the burning heat. After the completion of the marathon, we headed back to our room. My room mate went back home as it was the weekend. During the weekends, I will return to my brother's place in Puchong as I do not have the guts to stay alone in that room. Unfortunately, I could not go back that particular weekend as my brother was away to the States for a week. So I had to stay back and it was a stomach wrenching moment for me as it was my first time staying alone in that room. Most of the students headed back home but I stayed off. I was too exhausted and fell asleep. Suddenly, I was awakened by someone who called my full name. Maybe it is meant nothing but this is shocking as none of my friends calls me by my full name. They always refer me as "vila" and this woman's voice calling me with my full name." Viiiiillaaashhhhiiiiinniiiii......"" It was so soft but it was  very clear. I was taken back by the voice as I could not recognize the voice and dare not to open the door. But it repeated. I asked" Who is that?". It was a pin drop silence. I opened the door slowly and to my astonishment, no one was there. Making the matter even worst, the whole block was empty as everyone has returned to their hometown.

My body was trembling and sweat started to cover my body. I quickly grabbed my pillow and ran towards to my other coursemate's room. I knocked the door as if someone was chasing me. It was sharp 12.20 midnight. My friend was as shock as I was when she saw my face turned pale. She asked me what had happened and I told her my experience. She started to recite prayers as she was a pious Muslim and we prayed in our own ways. That night, she prepared a small matress for me to sleep. I was so grateful to her as I feel safe by her arms. I laid myself and went to sleep and I covered myself with a blanket because I felt blanket could cover me and I feel secured.

I was sleeping soundly, I was awakened with a voice grunting. First, I thought it was a wild animal outside the room but when I opened my eyes, I just cant believe what I saw. I saw a trot standing over the door trying to pull my blanket away. I was speechless. I felt my heart stopped for a moment. Numbness took over my whole body. It was grunting heavily and the sound became louder and louder. I could only shout but it was unheard. I was crying as I could not do anything but to watch that hideous look of that figure. I shouted out from the lungs but nothing came out from my mouth. I was freezed for a moment. As I turned I could only see my friend sleeping soundly. That moment, I remembered to recite a mantra that my mother taught me when I was little. As I was reciting it, the horrific figure was screeching and the voice was unbearable. It was as if pleading me to stop reciting the mantra. I ignored the sound and kept on reciting it. Suddenly, a pungent smell covered the whole room. The smell was unbearable, a carcass smell I should say. In a split second the trot disappeared. I felt my body was light and quickly woke my friend. She was stunned to see me as I looked pale and terrified. She asked me what happened and I told her from the beginning. Surprisingly, she did not give any reaction and sighed away.I was puzzled to see her reacting that way and didnt elaborate more and both of us went to sleep after a tiresome night.

The next morning , I woke up and was curious to ask her why she had reacted that way. She later confronted that this was happening every single night from the day she stayed in the room. I was shocked. No wonder she was keeping her Quran when she sleeps and all the religious books around her. She also added that this has been haunting her for  a long time and nothing could be done to stop it and she cant shift to other room as all the rooms were ocuupied. I was in self denial. I just couldnt believe how tormenting it would be to have that entity to haunt you all nights.It was intimidating to find my friend going through this fearful moment almost all nights and she was cool about it. After that, I did not face anymore incidents like that.

                                  

THE HOSTEL THAT I STAYED ( BELOW, SECOND FROM LEFT)

After the incident, I kept reminding myself to be more pious and started to be more religious. I still have not told this to anyone as I believe that there are people out there who just can't believe in all these supernatural things happening including my parents. This is my first time revealing this as I want to let know others that supernatural things do happen. Many people would demean this, but I strongly believe that spirits roam around if their soul is not freed. Until today, my friend and I would talk about it each time we meet and recalled how freaky was those moment that we went through. It was a mystery for us because until today we dont know what, who and why, it was there. I do not wish to know too(sigh)...   

7 comments:

  1. What a creepy encounters! I can't imagine if I'll be in your place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, the story is soooo disturbing. I know I asked for real stories and experiences, but I hope this really did not happen to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it did happen..and it is for real..Dr..:(

      Delete
  3. Being away from family can be scary, especially when being alone.
    Creepy as it is in your blog entry...I can't imagine myself there in your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg I thought it was over then it wasn't :O soooo scaryyyyy :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waahhhhh...this is really interesting...it indeed is scary...back in Unisel (Bestari Jaya) before we used to encounter such problems...luckily it never happened to me...the most important thing is that we remember we have faith and be strong anyhow because 'it' goes for people who are weak, emotionally, mentally and spiritually...blessings are with you and your family akka...May God will always be around all of us...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ya..till today I am pious greg..(sigh)......I bring goddess pic everywhere I go...hihi...

      Delete